Thursday, February 16, 2006

Getting sick of Smallville

Well, I'm about halfway through tonight's episode of Smallville, and I have to say, the show is really getting on my nerves lately. Hasn't Clark lost the right to burst into Lex's mansion unannounced and accusatory? What exactly is the deal with Clark and Lana? Are they still a couple? Lex and Lana? How many cars has Lana destroyed in 5 seasons? And I'm already tired of Lionel and Martha. I don't like Lionel as the longing puppy dog, ulterior motives or not.

While it's cool that they are bringing in comics characters like Cyborg (and the dual jump during the escape was kind of cool), this show is just treading water. Even with the momentous development of Jonathan's death, nothing new is happening.

Quite frankly, the show is getting boring at best, and cancel-worthy at worst.

I'll keep watching it of course because it is Superman after all, but I sure don't get the enjoyment out of it that I used to.

OK -- the very last scene was cool. And have Clark and Lana finally ended it? God, I hope so.

No comments: