Friday, September 12, 2008

How I Spent My Summer Vacation (Part 3 - Offline)

Fortunately, one of the reasons I haven’t been blogging is because I kept pretty busy this summer, with something going on just about every weekend, and sometime during the week. Here are a few highlights – with photos!

I hosted my second Father’s Day back in June, and that was lots of fun, indoors and outdoors. We followed that up with Father’s Day-related family outing to the Phillies game in July. In between the two were a couple of days at the beach with some of the family.

In August, we saw Rebecca awesomely play a lead role in her children’s community theatre production of "Beauty and the Beast, stirring the high school theatre memories of her Uncle Mike.
The biggest family news of course was the birth of Ella Grace Armandi on August 21. Rebecca is the big sister she always wanted to be! Lots of girls in this family!



And finally, I spent a long overdue day hanging out in Burlington with the youngest old people I know, Cioci and Unk, hearing lots of old stories and memories of days gone by. Highly recommended.

Other fun stuff
Besides all of this family stuff, I did a few other things worth noting along with the usual time-killing summer activities.

I joined my brother and friends to see the Apples in Stereo show at World Café Live, that was a just a fun time of hanging out with great live music, spent a Saturday at the Princeton Record Exchange, the biggest used music store I’ve ever seen, where I bought about $50 worth of cool music (top picks: Jerry Lee Lewis, REM and the Everly Brothers) that will find its way onto mixes for years to come.

A few barbecues, lunch-time concerts and extended after-work happy hours, not to mention a few ill-fated dates, round out the summer.

I finished off the summer on Labor Day weekend by going crabbing in Barnegat Bay in Long Beach Island, NJ. Caught a few crabs, had a few beers, had lots of laughs. A great way to cap off the summer.

So, I didn’t blog at all, but I kept myself pretty busy with a lot of new things – and that's even better.


Bring on the Fall.
Special thanks for the photos to my brother's Flickr page. After scouring through my hard drive and e-mail inbox for hours, I finally realized that almost every photo I wanted to use he already posted online, making them much easier to grab. Thanks Skip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

whoo hoo!

-S